Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

its there

User ImageTerry
3:01 am Friday
May 29, 2009
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
i have the backing track for the penta battle...
its on my page. Thumbs Up
Defualt User ImageRg5ex1
11:44 am Friday
May 29, 2009
can u send it to my email cuz i dont know how to take it off the page, sorry bro, my email is

patrickpeters@yahoo.com

Sorry again pce Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar
User ImageMike Lindyn
11:56 am Friday
May 29, 2009
Great backing track. But as Rg5ex1 was saying people will not be able to extract the track from the flash audio player... If you go into the media management section there will be a link to the location of the file you can post the link. This will make it a lot easier for people to use the track. I can also find the file in the DB if you want and can post the link for you.
User ImageTerry
1:27 pm Friday
May 29, 2009
ya, why dont you just do that mike...cuz i dont know jack about computers.
User ImageMike Lindyn
3:25 pm Friday
May 29, 2009
No Problem.

Here is the dual background track.
User Imagejeremy
6:16 pm Friday
May 29, 2009
That´s a pretty sweet sounding track. I´ll hafta lay something on that next week.
User ImageTerry
4:59 am Saturday
May 30, 2009
dude i would love too hear everyone duel one another on this track...
its just like going to a blues jam here in washington(of course i only say that because i have not had the privilege of playing in any of your hometowns) you play with 2 or 3 guitar players and sometimes some keys, and you get two verses to solo your ass off!!!! you´ll notice that most of the duels that i am going to post are just like that, two verses and a simple progression...it makes you kind of have to pick and choose your battles with your note choice and where and when your going to blow your load, witch as a working guitar player, i find extremely usefull.
if you ever are in a band and you have a short time to solo, practicing your approach to the way your going to melt faces can make or break your existence as a good lead guitar player...and im not being pretentious, i am no steve vai, i just know that when i do it right i feel it, and the crowd always go´s nuts when you do it just right!!!
Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar
User ImageMike Lindyn
5:05 am Saturday
May 30, 2009
I´m game... I worked on my pc over the last couple of days and I´m pretty sure that I can record again even though I haven´t loaded any of my recording software again.

Anyway I´ll play with this over the weekend and see what I can come up with.
User ImageTerry
5:18 am Saturday
May 30, 2009
hell ya mike...it would be a privilege to duel with such an accomplished guitar player as yourself. Guitar
User Imagejeremy
7:47 pm Tuesday
June 2, 2009
I posted my Gm track against Pizzle´s. I like how we got the 3 amigo duels running right now. One thing I noticed is that I think it´s way cooler when both dudes solo over the same backing track. Like, the duel between Mike and Pizzle right now... I can´t decide which one to vote for ´cause they´re two totally different tracks. But the one between Pizzle and myself seems like it would be easier to vote on ´cause we´re both playing to the same song. It´s just a matter of who ripped it harder and brought the flavor, you know? Although honestly, I can´t decide which one I like better between those either. I just think that it makes it clearer when both dudes play to the same backing track though. That should be a new rule or something. I think Taz (where is that dude?) mentioned that a while back the one time too.
User ImageTerry
11:49 pm Tuesday
June 2, 2009
i totally agree man...that duel is way closer, and more fun to decide for whoever is voting. also, a player like me cant just hide in D major all the time, it makes you think and use other things you would not normally do. Guitar
User Imagejeremy
12:43 am Wednesday
June 3, 2009
Yeah, it´s kinda like if you were gonna do a duel with another guitar player face-to-face you´d probably jam together over the same groove or whatever and just trade licks back and forth. That´s how I see it. Like if you listen to our tracks back to back it´s like we just traded off leads during the same song like Slayer or something, you know?
User ImageMike Lindyn
1:01 pm Thursday
June 4, 2009
I total see where you guys are coming from and I agree, for the most part. That is why the forum section for duels was created. When we first did duels there was no section where people could setup the rules for the duel and add a backing track before the duel challenge was created. Now at least that can be done.

The only draw backs to the same backing track is:
1) we have to get the BG track. A lot of the BG tracks online are owned by people and they actively look out for people posting them. I´ve had an issue with this in the past. Also this is why I don´t have a library of background tracks online Wink
2) It takes time for people to create the track. This is not such a bad thing but its just one more reason for people not to do it.

But overall its a good way of doing duels and since I finally got my system fixed I´m all in for doing this kind of duel. Thumbs Up
User ImageTerry
8:26 pm Thursday
June 4, 2009
dude...i will totally make somemore backing tracks at request Thumbs Up if there was someway to post all of them that is.
User ImageMike Lindyn
1:55 am Friday
June 5, 2009
Oh yeah that would be awesome! As for getting them on the site... Either you or I could upload them and post them thats no big deal at all. It would be awesome to have some that people could use. I think I´d be using them too Wink
User Imagejeremy
9:36 pm Sunday
June 7, 2009
I´ll make backing tracks for duels. In fact, whenever I start posting duels I´m gonna have the backing track for the other dude to use. Can we post a link to it in the description for a duel? That would be a tight way to do it ´cause then the other dude can just grab it right there and roll with it.