Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

My Songs on Video

User ImageMike Lindyn
1:36 am Friday
June 19, 2009
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
So I´m trying some video stuff in hopes of getting some video lessons soon. Here is a little tune I wrote a few years back when my mom past. Its called Eleanor but my mom´s name was Ann... Don´t ask why cause I don´t know.

Eleanor

This song named for my wife and is called A Song for Kerry. You may have seen another video I did of this tune a few years back... THis version sounds a little better.

A Song for Kerry

Finally, this is Deep in Thought.... I have a lesson on this song and will be adding this video to the lesson.

Deep in Thought
User ImageT.A.Z
3:49 am Monday
June 22, 2009
Hey Mike Elanor sounds great!! Love that.

Absolutely love A Song for Kerry too would love a lesson for that one!!

Excellent playing Mike very cool!!
User ImageMike Lindyn
4:12 pm Tuesday
June 23, 2009
Many thanks Taz Smile

Yeah maybe I will do a lesson on that tune cause I do think its a lot of fun to play.

Now I just have to get a little more comfortable talking on video then I´ll start doing some lessons this way. Right now I still feel funny talking into the camera.
User ImageTerry
9:36 pm Tuesday
June 23, 2009
that would be awesome...ill get out my clasical play along with mike...hell ya!
User Imagejeremy
7:22 pm Sunday
June 28, 2009
I´m back from vacation. Nice songs, Mike. I know what you mean about doing the video lessons. I´ve never been a good talker, in fact I have some kinda speech impediment or something so it´s tough for me. I just started doing video lessons recently. I hafta write a good script and follow it while sounding natural. And try to get the attention of the viewer in the first 30 seconds... otherwise most viewers will just click away. You also gotta have a well rounded message that hits every viewer in the good spot of their brain. It´s not easy. Good luck!
User Imagejeremy
10:56 pm Thursday
September 17, 2009
I thought that we should have an official Youtube thread for all of the dudes on here who post videos of their playing on there. I knew that Mike has some videos on Youtube and then I found this thread. So I´m gonna use this one for Youtube video posting. I wanna see some of you other dudes play too.

I´m gonna be posting a lot of Slayer performances in the near future. This is my first one:

User ImageMike Lindyn
2:12 am Friday
September 18, 2009
Totally sic! Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar
User Imagejeremy
4:24 am Friday
September 18, 2009
Thanks, man. I plan to make better videos in the future... I mean "technology-wise". Right now I´m just recording "live" sound in my guitar room. Basically I have my Marshall pretty loud and my stereo pretty loud and I catch the video on a webcam and the audio on a single mic in the middle of the room that´s lined into an audio interface. I just started doing that because the mic on the cam could never handle the volume. And it has to be LOUD. I gotta feel it or I won´t play as strong. I edit the video in Moviemaker. That´s it. In the future I´m gonna learn how to use Sonar to work with video as well as another video editor that I don´t have yet. I plan to record the track right from the PC and then just mic my amp to get a more direct sound of the guitar.

And of course, I´m also gonna play some leads next time. I couldn´t access my pedal board without turning away from the cam. I´m gonna pull the board out so that I can stomp on some pedals for leads and stuff in the future. I´m into it. Making videos is fun. It´s cool to watch yourself play too. I think that´s a good way to correct things in your playing. I would often watch myself play in a mirror to work on technique. Watching a video of yourself is even better.
User Imagejeremy
9:18 pm Thursday
January 14, 2010
User ImageTerry
1:04 pm Friday
January 15, 2010
Totally cool man. I love that guitar too. I like these old metal recordings with the really deep snare drum and JCM distortion on them. It brings me back to when I first got in to punk rock and metal. I like about three quarters in when your doing the solo and the camera cant keep up with your right hand...lol. Its like a blur. Nice job Jerm. Thumbs Up
User Imagejeremy
7:52 pm Friday
January 15, 2010
Thanks, man. Yeah, there´s some serious trem picking in that lead. That´s a staple of Slayer guitar solos. That´s the new guitar that I was talkin´ about in that other thread that the young guy started or something where he was talkin´ about Floyds or getting a new V or something. It´s a sweet guitar. I wanna see videos of other dudes on here. Do you have any, Terry? I know highintel has quite a few. I love watchin´ him play. And, of course, Mike´s videos are cool. I wanna jam with that dude someday. Or record a long distance song with him or something. I´d like to see more videos of dudes though. Shoot some footage!
User ImageTerry
12:38 am Saturday
January 16, 2010
If I only had the capability to do that I would. All I have is audio recording software.
User Imagejeremy
2:11 am Saturday
January 16, 2010
Dude, score a logitech quickcam pro 9000. And if you at least have Windows Moviemaker you can produce some cool videos. I´m getting more into making videos now. It´s fun.
User ImageT.A.Z
11:44 am Monday
January 25, 2010
Awesome playing jeremy. jesus your picking hand takes some punishment in Point!! hahahaha

I´m wanting to start filming some videos after I move out. Where can I get a copy of movie maker? I don´t have it on my computer haha
User Imagejeremy
11:11 pm Thursday
January 28, 2010
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx

I don´t know what OS you have but I think it´s a free download. I know that it came with Vista and 7.
Thanks for the props... I do have a little bit of that "James Hetfield/Scott Ian" down-picking power.
User ImageT.A.Z
12:26 pm Friday
January 29, 2010
DO you ever man!! haha

Yeah I had a mare finding that Movie maker the other night but it turns out I had it installed on my comp for years. Hopefully moving out soon so I´ll try and record a couple of tunes and post em up on the tube. I´ll be sure to share ´em here Very happy
User Imagejeremy
2:59 am Saturday
January 30, 2010
Awesome. That´s what I´m talkin´ about. If Moviemaker isn´t enough for you then there´s a "way" to get Vegas Pro for free. Not that I´d do such a thing (not me!) but if you search around about it on Youtube you can find lots of videos instructing you how to get it. It´s a cool program. Not that I´d know... but... yeah...
User ImageT.A.Z
10:37 am Saturday
January 30, 2010
Haha I´m sure you have no idea mate, the information you can pick up from others is incredible though huh? haha

Well I´ve just got my copy of Naked Tracks from Steve Vai so I´m gonna be using these to death!!! Very happy Guitar Guitar Guitar
User Imagejeremy
10:04 pm Sunday
February 21, 2010
More Metal

Here´s a new video that I made. This is a song from a band that I was in during the 90´s. I still love the music that I made with that band. I think that I´m gonna shoot a video for every song that we recorded. Enjoy...

User ImageTerry
11:00 pm Sunday
February 21, 2010
What happened to that band dude. That was KILLER!!!
User Imagejeremy
11:50 pm Sunday
February 21, 2010
Thanks, man. I know, right? What DID happen to that band? I wish that it never ended. All of our stuff was heavy like this one. I don´t really know what happened to that band. I hate to blame it on the bass player, but it´s always the bass player´s fault! I kid. But it did have something to do with a disagreement between the drummer and the bass player. The band folded shortly after that stuff went down. There´s no hard feelings though. We´re actually planning a "reunion show" this summer. If that goes down I´ll get my girl to film it and I´ll run a number or two on Youtube.
User ImageTerry
12:48 pm Monday
February 22, 2010
LMFAO!!! My band goes through bass players like chewing gum. They just don´t get enough credit for holding down the fort when everyone´s getting all the light for noodling around on stage. Its hard to find someone that´s just happy with being a good solid bass player.
User Imagejeremy
7:57 pm Monday
February 22, 2010
Word. I hate to get into this, ´cause I know that there are bass players on this site but, every band that I´ve been in had some kinda trouble with the bass player. Don´t get me wrong, I love bass players (hell, my girl is a bass player). Maybe it is, like you say, that they don´t get the appreciation that they deserve.
User ImageTerry
3:05 pm Tuesday
February 23, 2010
I am with you on that. I always try to stand back and let the other musicians in my band shine. And a good bass player is worth there weight in gold!!! I just lost this last one because he just couldn´t hang with the faster riffs in some of the passages of the songs. I think I was a little to hard on him. heh. Oh well.
User Imagejeremy
10:54 pm Sunday
February 28, 2010
Dude, quit playin´ so fast!
User ImageTerry
3:42 pm Thursday
March 18, 2010
Me at a local jam in Stanwood.

User ImageTerry
8:38 pm Thursday
April 1, 2010
My band Neck tie for Sally on video.

The song is called wait.

User Imagejeremy
12:23 am Friday
April 9, 2010
Hell yeah, dude... that second video is dope. I should start editing stuff like that. Good song, too. I like the singer´s voice and, of course, your lead ripped. The blues jam thing was cool too. Those guys make you look like a kid. Pretty cool. Glad to see some footage of you playin´ stuff.
User Imagejeremy
8:03 pm Sunday
July 11, 2010
User ImageT.A.Z
4:29 am Thursday
July 15, 2010
Love that Jeremy! Great vid, but even better song!! Gonna have to have a go at learning that!!
User ImageMike Lindyn
4:47 pm Thursday
July 15, 2010
Awesome video... Actually there are a bunch of videos on here I had not seen. Its great to see you on the nylon string. Your video is produced very nicely too... I gotta do that some day. Thumbs Up
User Imagejeremy
3:27 am Monday
July 19, 2010
Thanks, dudes. Yeah, Mike, that guitar that I was using in the video is my Chet Atkins signature. I mentioned that guitar in another thread and you got kinda stoked about it. It´s an awesome guitar. It´s sort of an electric/acoustic. I ran it through a nice POD Farm preset for that sound. And, as always, the video was captured on my Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000. I edited it all in Sony Vegas. I mixed a subtle bass track in there too to fatten the sound up a little.