Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

Post Here So That We Know You´re Alive

User Imagejeremy
8:06 pm Wednesday
August 5, 2009
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
GKN has been kinda dead. So I figure we need a thread that everyone can just drop a post in real quick when you get a chance just to let each other know that we still exist. I get pretty busy with life but I always try to drop in. I figure a quick post shouldn´t take long just to say HI.
User ImageMike Lindyn
9:36 pm Wednesday
August 5, 2009
Still Alive (Thankfully) Very happy

Sorry I have not posted.... I´ve been logging in lately to post a 2000th member message but we have been stuck between 1990 and 1999 forever. We are currently 1999 and every morning for the past week I´ve come to the board hoping for that 2000th person with no luck yet.
User Imagejeremy
10:17 pm Wednesday
August 5, 2009
Dude, I should get my girl to sign up. She´s a guitar player so it would be valid. I´ve told her to sign up before but she never gets around to it.
User ImageTerry
8:19 am Thursday
August 6, 2009
im still here...just really frickin busy!!!!!
User Imagejeremy
1:23 am Friday
August 7, 2009
Yeah, me too. Having a girlfriend with a 15-year-old daughter really cuts into my time. I´m still alive though.
User Imagejeremy
9:18 pm Friday
August 7, 2009
It´s August 8th... a Friday night... I´m still alive.
User ImageNate
9:47 pm Friday
August 7, 2009
What´s going on Mike? Long time no talk man.

I feel awful for not getting on here like I used to. The last two years or so have been pretty crazy and I havn´t had a whole lot of time to do much of anything. I know you put alot of work into this site and to see it around for this long and still not getting a ton of action is a shame. I´m gonna do my best from now on to stop by here as often as possible. I´ve been trying to commit myself full time to the guit-box again and I think stopping by here should help that out alot.

Anyways, hope everything is good with you Mike and everyone else who stops by here. Peace.
User Imagejeremy
12:30 am Saturday
August 8, 2009
Whoa... now I wanna see a BillyJack post. I´d hope that we´re all still getting a chance to play even when we don´t get a chance to post.
User ImageMike Lindyn
2:26 am Saturday
August 8, 2009
Quote From jeremy:
Whoa... now I wanna see a BillyJack post. I´d hope that we´re all still getting a chance to play even when we don´t get a chance to post.
Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar Guitar

"Where is billyjack?" seems to be a recurring theme Smile

We miss you billyjack!
User ImageMike Lindyn
4:24 am Saturday
August 8, 2009
Quote From Nate:
What´s going on Mike? Long time no talk man.

I feel awful for not getting on here like I used to. The last two years or so have been pretty crazy and I havn´t had a whole lot of time to do much of anything. I know you put alot of work into this site and to see it around for this long and still not getting a ton of action is a shame. I´m gonna do my best from now on to stop by here as often as possible. I´ve been trying to commit myself full time to the guit-box again and I think stopping by here should help that out alot.

Anyways, hope everything is good with you Mike and everyone else who stops by here. Peace.

Nate!!!

How ya been man? I´d love hearing more from you anytime you find the time to post. (For Non-GKN-long-timers Nate was the first moderator back when the site just ran a on messageboard.)

As to the site... You know how it is man, there are fast times and slow times... A lot of it is how much I post, that is, I can make it busier by posting more. Right now I can´t do that because I´m working on a big project and don´t have a lot of time for the next month or so (gotta eat, right?).

Even if there are not that many posts, the site is still doing great, we had more traffic than ever just a few of months ago. It didn´t really lead into more interaction but people are reading and using the tools. In fact, the chord progression generator gets more visits than anything else (even the home page). Oh yeah we just got the 2000th GKN member today (and that´s pretty freakin awesome I must say).

A little more about site traffic... I pretty much know what I would have to do to get ten times more traffic to the site but that involves money and or time that I am just not willing or able to invest right now. The new project I´m working on could change this as I am incorporating some new technologies that could be moved into GKN making it a project I could devote more time to... Sorry can´t get too into that right now as its all very hush hush 007 type stuff Wink I´m sure you understand. That being said even if I get ten time more people viewing and reading that does not mean more poeple will be active and contribute.

Anyway, come back soon man... Always a pleasure to hear from you.
Defualt User ImageWorldDecay
1:05 pm Sunday
September 6, 2009
I´m alive.
User ImageMike Lindyn
8:39 pm Sunday
September 6, 2009
Hi Loyct, great to hear your still around. Sorry for not posting lately but I´ve been really busy lately with a project I´m working on. I am more than half way done with it so I should have more time to post pretty soon. Also this project has had me working with some new ideas that I might bring into GKN soon.

As always if anyone has guitar or theory questions just post them and I´ll find the time to answer.
User Imagejeremy
5:01 am Monday
September 7, 2009
I´m still alive too. I started school again on August 24th so I´ve been busy. But I try to sign on frequently though. I feel sorry for Pizzle though. He´s had 2 unchallenged duels up there for months now. I wonder if he even remembers what he played.
User ImageMike Lindyn
9:44 pm Monday
September 7, 2009
What are you studying?

BTW I entered the duel with Pizzle Now there is only one duel Left maybe I´[ll do that one tonight.

PS
Pizzles track was better than mine Sad its a cool little track he has Thumbs Up
User ImageTerry
3:56 am Wednesday
September 9, 2009
wow...its been a hell of a ride the last couple of months!!!!
now im living at my girlfriends parents house for a short while and moving back to seattle where i belong, not way the hell out here in BFE arlington!
and i just havent had time to get on the internet to much...sorry dudes.
User ImageMike Lindyn
11:53 pm Thursday
September 10, 2009
Well glad everything is ok for now... Make the best of it as you can. I´d have to say I´d rather be in Seattle too. Guitar
User Imagejeremy
3:33 am Saturday
September 12, 2009
Quote From Mike Lindyn:
What are you studying?

Dude, I´m studying web design. I decided to take it beyond being just a hobby. At least I hope to. So yeah, I started classes in the Spring semester so this is my second semester. For the first time in my life I´m actually into what I´m learning.
User ImageTerry
8:58 pm Saturday
September 12, 2009
thats awesome dude. i really want to go to an art collage soon...as soon as my probation is up. heh.
User ImageBillyJack
8:56 am Sunday
September 13, 2009
Yo Dudes! Yeah I´m still around. I´ve just created a monster with my web site and am trying to get things lined up to turn it all over to the school so the students can take care of it. Shamed to say it, but I´ve not even picked up my guitar in about 6 months. Started studying several pieces of 3D graphics software back in January and I get kind of obsessed when I take on a new area of study to challenge myself with.

Again though, I´m still here! Thumbs Up
User ImageMike Lindyn
10:24 pm Sunday
September 13, 2009
Well I´m a little disappointed that you are not playing your guitar. Sad Not posting is one thing... but not playing is another Mad ...

Wink Just bust´n on ya there BillyJack and I know how much time those types of projects can take up cause I´m working on a huge one myself.
User ImageBillyJack
8:10 am Tuesday
September 15, 2009
I know, ain´t it shameful? I don´t even have a guitar within hands reach of my desk. Now that school has started back up, I´m gonna do all I can to get the youngsters doing the layouts and journalism. That would give me back some time to relax.

Guitar
User Imagejeremy
10:44 pm Thursday
September 17, 2009
Sounds like you´re doing something good for the kids over there. I think that´s a good excuse for not playing... well, almost!
User ImageNate
5:30 pm Friday
February 12, 2010
Shit fellas - so much for stopping by more often eh?

I´ve been workin´ like crazy and even though I said I was trying to devote myself back to shreddin´ the axe I´ve still been slackin´... There´s only so much time in a day and between working, sleeping, and trying to squeeze in time with the girl there hasn´t been much left for jammin´. I´ve been puttin´ money in the bank like crazy though and I´m seriously considering droppin´ some funds down on some new shit to re-open the book and kickstart a new chapter.

It looks like Mike hasn´t been posting much lately either - what´s he been up to lately?

Anyways to the cats who are still holdin´ it down - keep it up fellas and take care. Peace.
User Imagejeremy
12:47 am Monday
February 15, 2010
Good question. Mike has been really quiet. Hopefully it´s for good reasons. I hope that nothin´ bad is goin´ on. I´m busy as hell too over here. Between working 40 - 60 hours per week, goin´ to school 4 days a week, spending time with my girls (girlfriend & daughter whom I love more than my guitars!), and taking care of my Mom (who has cancer now) I don´t find as much time to play but I still do, any chance that I get. Luckily, I can access GKN from work. That´s the only time that I get to post on here.
User Imagejeremy
12:27 am Friday
May 7, 2010
Wow, I haven´t been here in almost a month (the end of the semester gets nuts) but I was surprised to see that my last post was the last post made since I´ve been gone.

What´s goin´ on?
User ImageMike Lindyn
8:47 pm Monday
May 17, 2010
Hey Jeremy,

I have not been on in a long, long time either... Job stuff, family stuff, other stuff too, you know how it is I barely have time to play my guitar... Well, I still find time to play Smile Hope things have been going well for you.

I haven´t deleted any posts to my knowledge and there should be no one else who can delete posts unless something funny is going on. I´ll keep an eye out for posts dropping off but it everything seems to be running ok.

Mike
User Imagejeremy
2:57 am Thursday
May 20, 2010
Nice to see a post by you. I was like, wow, Mike doesn´t even post here anymore. And it´s YOUR site. I do know how it is being busy. Now that I´m off from school for the summer, I´ve been playing guitar a lot more. I literally carry my Stratocaster around with me at all times. Like a gunslinger. I still have work full time but my job doesn´t require as much time or thought as school does, so now I can get back to the guitar more again. I started studying Hendrix´s music last year (it´s about time I really learn his music!) but I dropped out of it once school kicked in again in the fall. So, I´m back at that now.

Oh... I didn´t think that posts were being deleted. I just figured that everyone has been busy.
User ImageT.A.Z
2:15 pm Saturday
May 22, 2010
I´m aliiiive!!! Scared Scared

Man it´s weird I go for a while without playing on the guitar and as soon as I pick it up for a minute I find myself back on this site!! haha

I´ve started copying you Mike, my fiancee´s granpa gave me a nylon acoustic and I´ve been playing for my baby in her stomach haha I´ll try and get some recordings or video clips done for you guys Razz
User ImageTerry
2:38 pm Saturday
May 22, 2010
Word up! I kept logging on and nobody was posting so I just gave up...lol.
User ImageMike Lindyn
5:10 pm Saturday
May 22, 2010
Taz - Congrats on the coming of the new little one. I´m sure it will bring great joy into your life. And yes the nylon string in the way to go when playing for the baby.

J and Terry - I have not been posting at all lately just had so many things going on I had to drop one for a while. I was reading a bunch of your posts but did not get involved in the conversation. I also was doing other things to promote the site since I´ve been gone... Right now the site has more people on it now than ever. They don´t seem to post or or even sign up but there are way more people visiting it then there were just a few months ago. I will be bringing even more people in over the next few months. But I will be back here a lot more now that my vacation is over Wink

Mike
User ImageTerry
12:49 pm Sunday
May 23, 2010
Hell ya dude. It would be cool if new people would post and duel on here.
User Imagejeremy
11:52 pm Wednesday
May 26, 2010
I just did a little "promotion" at Wegmans the other day. Not really, but yeah. Almost every time I wear a GKN shirt somebody asks me about it. So, I´m buying some food the other day and this dude who works there asks me about the shirt. So I gave him a brief idea about the site. I mentioned that the community hasn´t been very active lately but there´s plenty of good content on here. It´s the content that brought me here in the first place. I wonder if that dude will sign up.

In case he checks the board out I´ll just mention it here... hey dude, I´m the dude you met at Wegmans!