Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

Steve Vai

User ImageTerry
9:06 pm Saturday
September 12, 2009
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
i found a couple of cool backing tracks online and i was wondering what exactly i cant do with them on here...
i was thinking about taking about 8 bars of tender surrender and playing my own interpretation of it as not to get in troble...im not sure what i can and cannot do.
i thought that as long as i dont use it in whole, or get any money for playing it, or use any obvious passages of his song, i could use the backing track as a "learning tool".

let me know what the deal is mike!
User ImageMike Lindyn
10:21 pm Sunday
September 13, 2009
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
Well back in 2004-2005 there were some issues I ran into with GKN and copyright issues... It was related to background tracks that where placed on the forum I had running back then. Ever since then I have been extra careful about what I put up. You´re right that there are some provisions that say you can use part of a song, but I don´t know exactly wht these rules are. I also have a bunch of backing tracks I use to jam over and would love to use in duels but I have not post them because I´m not sure what the rules are.