Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

Steve Vai - Naked Tracks

User ImageT.A.Z
11:02 am Saturday
January 30, 2010
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
So I just picked these up today and listening to them it´s actually inspiring!

I personally think the likes of Gilbert/Satch and any other instrumental guitarists should do this.

If anyone else is interested check this out...Steve Vai - Naked Tracks

Go to amazon if your fancying ordering them because it´s an absolute bargain!!
User Imagejeremy
11:28 pm Saturday
January 30, 2010
Nice. I bought the naked track of "For the Love of God" on Amazon a while ago. It IS a really cool idea. I plan to record a take of that song using that track. But first I hafta get good at it. There´s alotta nuances goin´ on in that song. That dudes the MAN with that song.
User ImageT.A.Z
6:50 am Sunday
January 31, 2010
That was the first Vai song I learnt man! Truly incredible song, and it feels great under your fingers when ya can play it through Very happy I´ll try and do a recording of it it´s just finding the time and space to get the gear out for it haha
User Imagejeremy
10:01 pm Monday
February 1, 2010
I actually did learn it a while back but then I stopped playing it. Now I kinda forget everything. I´d like to hear you rip that. There was a dude on the the last version of GKN, I think, who posted an MP3 of him playing that song and it was really well-played. That´s gotta be one of the geatest guitar compositions ever.
User ImageT.A.Z
11:54 am Thursday
February 4, 2010
Yeah man it´s probably gonna be the first track I record and film in the new digs Wink
User Imagejeremy
10:31 pm Tuesday
February 9, 2010
I´d love to see that. I think that I have an addiction to watching people play guitar. I guess I´m really visual about the guitar. I like to watch dudes play as much as I like to hear dudes play. I´ve always been like that. When I was a little kid I plastered the walls of my bedroom with pictures of guitar players.