Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

Still kickin´

User ImageBillyJack
4:28 pm Monday
September 20, 2010
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
Yo, dudes. Just swinging through to say "what´s up". Mike and Jeremy still holding down the fort I see! Well that´s about it till next time bros!
User ImageT.A.Z
6:49 am Tuesday
September 21, 2010
Hey billyjack, hope your keeping well man!
User Imagejeremy
2:52 am Saturday
October 2, 2010
That´s rad. Just when you think one of the "regulars" ain´t gonna come back around, they do. Now where´s Terry?
User Imagejeremy
4:02 am Tuesday
January 4, 2011
What ever happened to Terry? Pizzle?
User ImageMike Lindyn
10:08 am Wednesday
January 5, 2011
Terry has not signed in for about 6 months. He still has two unaccepted duels up too. He has been missed around here but you know how it is... People come and go, and sometime they come back too. I mean BillyJack even posted not too long ago and he was MIA for a long time. Smile

PS. I´ve started kicking around some ideas for the next site design and as well as a new learning tool. I´m also looking at some ways of pulling these guys back into the discussion by making a better notification system and integrating other social media stuff into GKN. Just got to find the time to get this done.
User Imagejeremy
8:08 pm Friday
January 7, 2011
I´m as guilty as anybody on here when it comes to not finding the time to participate. I always try to drop in and post something when I can. But, mark my words, I will never be out of touch with GKN as long as it still exists in some format. That´s cool that you might do a redesign. I just finished my new "guitar" site this week. Mike, I´ll throw you a link so that you can check it out. I´ll break it down for ya.
User ImageBillyJack
12:02 am Monday
January 10, 2011
Yeappers, I´ll always be around as long as the site is. Like I´ve said before though, I´ve created a monster and until I either hit well enough to afford help or fold it up, my time is stretched pretty thin. Sports fans are as bad as musicians when it comes to making demands on your time and I´m dealing with both.

Not sure if you guys ever heard of Randy Edwards, but he´s a music producer that worked with Joe Nickels and Shenandoah. Anyway one of his latest prospects did a music intro for the football team and as a result we´ve become pretty good friends. I just did a video for a Marty Raybon concert he hosted. Fun stuff!

Anyways, I´m still here and still kickin, just busy!!! Guitar
User ImageMike Lindyn
10:43 pm Friday
January 28, 2011
Sorry I´ve been away. Did a week over by BillyJack in OK came home and got sick for a couple of weeks. Been better for about a week now. So for me the still kickin title really works.

Jeremy - totally pumped to hear about the new site we gotta talk shop. Since you didn´t post the link I will: Online Guitar Teacher
User Imagejeremy
12:58 am Saturday
January 29, 2011
Hehe... talk shop. Yeah, that´s the new site I just got online at the beginning of the year. It was kinda my Christmas present to myself. I developed it over the holidays during the break from school. I mostly built it for the handful of dudes that I used to jam with whom I don´t get to see very often anymore. I thought that it would be cool to have a site where we could still get together and share some guitar ideas and some songs. Unfortunately, only one of those dudes became an active member of the site so far. But I think some of the other dudes will come around. Seems like everyone is too busy to participate in a social network that revolves around musical instruments instead what they ate for lunch (yeah, I´m taking a stab at Facebook there).
User ImageT.A.Z
11:09 am Sunday
January 30, 2011
Woooooooaaaaaahhhhh its been a while guys!

Im still alive too, been uber busy with my little man since he came out in Oct last year, heres an updated pic for you guys Smile
Photobucket

I sold my Ibanez Universe to a guy in Austria just before he showed up and bought a John 5 signiture Telecaster for myself Very happy Ill get a pic up for you guys. Hope everyones chillin!!
User Imagejeremy
12:04 am Saturday
February 5, 2011
Nice lookin´ kid. But he kinda looks like a drummer. I´m kidding. That´s awesome. I think I must´ve congratulated you on having a kid in another thread but congratulations again. And congratulations for the new guitar too. Those are neat Telecasters. I actually got into John 5 from reading a post that one of you dudes made on GKN. I remember that.
User ImageMike Lindyn
7:55 pm Saturday
February 5, 2011
Ha! You´re kid looks awesome! He´s getting big. Gotta start the guitar lesson asap.

I have to say I really liked your Ibanez Universe but the Tele sounds cool too.
User ImageT.A.Z
8:39 am Sunday
February 6, 2011
Yeah I´m trying to get him going with the guitar guys, he loves when I play Smile

Check out my youtube channel here...http://www.youtube.com/user/5T5A5Z5?feature=mhum...theres a couple of vids of the tele there, I finally started doing some vids!!
User ImageMike Lindyn
9:27 pm Thursday
February 10, 2011
Great Vids!!!

Love that first tune you play. That´s a John 5 song right? In any case, very very well done. I am also impressed with your JS tune. Nicely done.

I dig your tele a lot too. The headstock still seems strange to me but it looks and sounds really nice.
User ImageT.A.Z
1:43 pm Friday
February 11, 2011
Cheers Mike, yeah the first tune was John 5. The John 5 stuff is still a little work in progress really lol
User Imagejeremy
7:47 pm Sunday
February 13, 2011
Nice. I remember when you were talking about making some videos once you got set up at your new "flat" or something like that. Pretty cool. I subscribed. It´s cool to see you dudes playing on video since most of us don´t live in the same zip code. When I see one of you dudes play something on video it´s like, wow, these dudes can really play these guitars that we write about on here all the time. Cool!
User ImageT.A.Z
11:20 am Tuesday
February 15, 2011
Haha I aint even in the same country bro!!

Yeah I was moving in to a new house, picked up a camcorder just before christmas and finally found some time ot have a go. Going to start trying to upload a video or 2 every couple of weeks. The majority will be John 5 covers, maybe throw in some Rob Zombie/ Marilyn Manson stuff but I´m proper feeling the John 5 playing right now. I may do the odd Satch/Petrucci style tunes (as I already have posted one)
User Imagejeremy
8:30 pm Sunday
February 27, 2011
Cool. I noticed your new profile picture. Looks like you met that dude.
User Imagejeremy
10:14 pm Monday
February 28, 2011
Dude. I just noticed how you put your gear details in the video description. That´s pretty cool. I should do that. That way dudes know exactly what´s goin´ on behind the scenes.
User ImageT.A.Z
1:40 pm Wednesday
March 2, 2011
Yeah man I like to know what gear people used when they record so it´s only right that I include what I´ve used.

And yeah, that´s John 5. I met up with him at a Zombie gig for a special meet and greet, it was kind of a thank you for helping out on his fan site Very happy Really nice down to earth kinda guy, and good grief one hell of a guitar player#!!!!!