Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

Fingerstyle Playing

User ImageT.A.Z
1:37 pm Friday
March 4, 2011
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
So I´ve started to get really into fingerstyle playing lately. I just love the sound of the acoustic guitar in all it´s forms it´s truly beautiful and so I´m loving some fingerstyle stuff right now.

I´ve always been a fan of Tommy Emmanuel who plays an awful lot of fingerstyle and solo acoustic songs which are nice but listening to peoples arrangements of popular songs on youtube is just so inspiring. I plan on learning a few myself to cover.

Anyone else have a liking for the acoustic and fingerstyle playing?
User ImageMike Lindyn
9:01 pm Sunday
March 27, 2011
I´m a bit late on this reply but I do love finger style playing. Saw a video you posted with John 5 and I really like the way he uses banjo picking techniques. I´m thinking of getting into that too. I know I have posted some great finger pickers I´m into so I don´t want to repost the names. I play without a pick as much as I play with one.
User ImageT.A.Z
1:31 pm Tuesday
March 29, 2011
I know what you mean about John 5 Mike. I´ve found myself blending my finger picking in with the pick as well now lol
User ImageT.A.Z
2:48 am Tuesday
July 19, 2011
Just to re-energise this thread a little. I´m looking for (if anyone can help) a collection somewhere of acoustic fingerstyle tabs?

I´m fancying learning a few party tunes (I´m thinking stuff like the "Pirates of the Carribean" theme and stuff like that, but all the tabs I find on the usual places are arranged for solo guitars and not for fingerstyle.

Just wondering if anyone had any idea where there are a few tabs together?