Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

GKN Version 5.0

User ImageMike Lindyn
1:39 pm Wednesday
August 24, 2011
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
Well, after months and months, its finally here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

New Learning Stuff

1 ) Chord Information Page - 6 fingerings for all chords shown in tab. To find this app look inside the Tools Menu.

2) The Tab Build Library - Is a listing of tab files that you can use in post or lesson or whatever. You can also copy any of these tabs directly into your Tab Manager so you can change them in the Tab Builder.

3 ) Practice Schedule Creator - There is a new section for creating practice schedules. This could be very helpful for new players. (Only Members can create Practice Schedules but once they are made non-members can view them from the Lesson Menu if their creator made them publicly viewable.)

New Site Functionality
1 ) Notifications when someone comment on your profile, duels or if someone sends you a message.

2 ) You can now change the order your Mp3s and pics appear on your profile without having to delete them and re-upload. I´ve been meaning to do this for a long time.

3 ) new color and layout. (Much cleaner)

4 ) the Tab Builder has had a small change where you can now put "24" rather than having to put in a "2" and a "4" right next to it to create 24. This was done most to accommodate the change needed to create library of tabs.

Items Still To Come
1 ) there will be an ever changing music theory test that will score people knowledge.

2 ) I have created a small app that seems to know music theory. Right now it is running in the Chord Information page and the Tab Build Library but it will soon be integrated into other apps.

Lastly, if you see anything that looks wierd...
1) If you are in FireFox hit your refresh button.
2) If you are in Internet Explorer Clear Your Cache.
3) If these steps don´t fix the problem... Please contact me.

Dance Jump Juggle Clap Flip Smug
User Imagejeremy
10:42 pm Wednesday
August 24, 2011
Dude, nice work! I´m still poking around the new navigation but everything seems to be working. I like how you kinda tapped into the colors of the previous version. It´s taking me back while we´re going forward.

I´ll keep looking around...
User ImageMike Lindyn
11:56 pm Wednesday
August 24, 2011
Thanks jeremy,

You´re totally right, the color scheme is close to what is was a few years back. I didn´t even think of that until you mentioned it. Well, I am a fan of red and gray so it make sense. I´m really glad to be rid of all that orange, it got really hard to look at after a while. I like this design a lot more, its much easier on the eyes.
User ImageBillyJack
6:26 am Thursday
August 25, 2011
Nice! Seeing that I live in Arkansas, the colors really work. Thumbs Up Of course you had to wait til the start of football season when I don´t have much time to poke around and check out the new skiffs, but I am looking forward to it when I can. As usual, nice work Mike!
Defualt User ImageWorldDecay
10:10 am Friday
August 26, 2011
Hi Mike,

Thanks so much for the notification email!
Thought i´d take this chance to ´rejoin´ GKN.
It has been a really long time..

Great to see the site still up and improving, surviving all that inactivity in the past. Props to you for the undying spirit!

Will make it a point check out all the new features Guitar
User ImageMike Lindyn
11:28 pm Friday
August 26, 2011
BillyJack - Nice to hear from you, stop back when you have time.

Loyct - Great hearing from you again. Its been a while. Actually, despite the low user involvement the site is going stronger than ever. User activity is still low (way to low) but the site gets more visits than it ever did. Most of the people go to the progression builder, scales in tab, the full fretboard tool and the lessons. But yeah it is still my hope to build the user activity to a much higher level. Some of the changes in version 5 could help with some of the interaction problem. We´ll see if it helps.
User Imagejeremy
1:04 am Saturday
September 3, 2011
I´m diggin´ the "personalization" of the new design. Like, how it fires you right into your own page. That was a good idea to implement that. And you can get to everything right from that initial page. Pretty cool.
User ImageT.A.Z
2:38 am Saturday
September 3, 2011
Love it Mike, bloody brilliant mate.

The colours work fantastic, as Jeremy said the first thing I thought was "Woah!! I´ve found the secret to time travel!!". Easy on the eyes and I agree it looks much better than the orange.

I love your main members page where you can cycle through, forum activiy/help pages etc, really fluid motion and it looks great!!

Overall mate, I´m really impressed it looks great!!