Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

back after a loooooong hiatus

User ImageFenderBender
8:55 am Friday
December 14, 2012
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
what´s up gang? it´s been quite some time. Funny how life gets a hold of you and before you know it, 5-6 years is gone!

Finally getting back into playing regularly and thought I´d pop in. A friend called me up, hadn´t heard from him since the last time I´d been jamming out (5-6 years ago) and we´re gettin the band back together maaaaan Thumbs Up
really, just jammin on some old stuff that we used to play out and a lot of covers. Feels really good to just play and have fun with friends again.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello. Good to see that the few regulars that were here when Mike started this place have stuck with him. Good on ya!

There may be a few more coming here soon. I´m on another board for comedian Joe rogan and I´ve given them this site as a place that I got a TON of info and inspiration from.

peace!
Defualt User ImageWorldDecay
6:38 am Thursday
January 3, 2013
Quote From FenderBender:

Feels really good to just play and have fun with friends again.

Thumbs Up I recently got back to regular playing myself, totally identify with this!

Seems like only Jeremy and Mike are left here - the boards are generally inactive..

I´m planning to share some covers/stuff i´m practicing/test recordings of new gear (be it new guitar, pickup, soundcard etc) just to liven things up a little) whenever possible.

Anyway, great to see you back!
User ImageFenderBender
3:34 pm Thursday
January 3, 2013
wow - I see that now... sorry to see this place become a ghosttown.

I think most of us migrated here from the guitartricks board once they started charging. That sucked.

Oh well.. I´ll be here from time to time for some of the instructions and lessons etc.. hopefully the other guys I mentioned from the rogan forum will hop on too.. some cool dudes there.
User ImageMike Lindyn
12:48 pm Saturday
January 5, 2013
Sorry for the long time with no reply I took kind of a hiatus for a while (Had surgery a few weeks ago and then the holidays came so I was busy with that). Anyway, I´m still here, jeremey pops up still from time to time but the message board has been pretty slow for a while now.

Great to hear from you again FenderBender it has been a Looong time my friend. Also its good you are playing again. I had a time where I really slowed down in the amount I played too, but lately I am picking up the guitar for at least 20-30 minutes a day again its good to be back in the saddle.
User ImageFenderBender
8:40 pm Saturday
January 5, 2013
Hey Mike!

Hope the surgery went well brother!

Yeah, it´s been a loong time. I thought it was funny that I have posts on here from 2007. Had to go back and read a few to see where I was at the time, both in my head and with my playing.

I still don´t have the kind of time I did then to play but yes, it feels so good to be able to disappear for a bit and get lost with my guitar. Work has been crazy and I´m back in the city so I lose so much time commuting anymore it´s CRAZY!
User ImageMike Lindyn
5:05 am Sunday
January 6, 2013
Thanks, the surgery did go well I feel a lot better now that it´s over.

Its a balancing act to manage work/family/etc. and still play on a regular basis. When other things come up it´s still my playing time that suffers the most but... what are you going to do? Wink Got to make a living right?

That being said I still think its important to find time on a regular basis. Not so much for the sake of playing as much as for my own sanity. Playing guitar is kind of my meditation time.
User Imagejeremy
2:23 pm Sunday
January 6, 2013
A few years ago I woulda said that we were all gettin´ old. Now I guess we just gotta say that we´re just gettin´ "older". Mike and I were just discussing this same topic in another thread lately. I´m also gettin´ back to the guitar. Although I never really left it. I´ve always managed to keep playing almost every day but sometimes just not for too long. I´m lookin´ to improve that now.
User ImageMike Lindyn
3:00 pm Sunday
January 6, 2013
Yes, we are just getting "Older". Puppy Eyes Scared Wink
User ImageFenderBender
8:31 am Monday
January 7, 2013
yeah - my son never lets me forget that part.

funny story... we were cleaning out the attic and I came across a box of all my old music.. tapes, 45´s and vinyl. He spots one of the cassettes and goes "hey, whats this?"
I told him it was a tape with music on it.. The look on his face was priceless.. You would have thought I gave him a dinosaur bone!

I just turned 40 last november.. I didn´t feel like it either. I always imagined that hitting that number would feel like something. I still feel the same as I did when I was 20.. I just don´t listen to the dumb shit my brain puts out there anymore Wink
User Imagejeremy
1:52 pm Sunday
July 14, 2013
We should all start a 40-something GKN club. Fortunately, I feel the same way. It´s good to NOT feel old. I can still do all the physical stuff I did when I was 20... even better, sometimes!