Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

Loggin' in...

User Imagejeremy
3:48 am Saturday
June 16, 2007
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
I hate when I log in and it doesn't take the first time. Like, I log in and it just pumps me back to the page as if I didn't even log in. When this happens all of the new posts get dusted as if I read them. I think that there's a way to stop that from happening on a PHP board but I forget how. Just thought I'd post this as some sort of grievance. Not really.
User ImageMike Lindyn
6:43 am Monday
June 18, 2007
I hate it too, makes finding new posts much harder. I was hoping this would be fixed that last time I ran the update but that didn't fix it.

I'm going to be throwing up a whole new message board once the full version of phpbb 3 is released. I have been waiting a long time for this and it should be out in the next month or two. Once the new board is installed this should stop happening.

I'm hoping that the new board will also slow down the spamer too but I'll have to wait to see if that actually happens.
User ImageBillyJack
6:53 am Monday
June 18, 2007
Slow down spammers?

One could only hope! Very happy
User ImageMike Lindyn
2:54 am Wednesday
June 20, 2007
Your right... I'll believe that when I see it. Roll Eyes
User Imagejeremy
4:28 am Monday
July 2, 2007
I asked my one nephew who runs a php board on his site about this. He said that there's a freely distributed MOD which fixes this logging in problem. It can be downloaded at the phpbb.net website. Have you tried that?