Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

I found a bug.

User ImageOlmonatron
10:24 am Monday
April 28, 2008
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
When updating user profile, I was trying to edit the text on the comment of my pieces of gear. And I noticed that every time I would edit something after initially writing it, the apostrophes would change. So words like "hasn´t didn´t weren´t don´t etc." would all have some extra letter that looked like this: haven´t, doesn´t, it´s.
I found that to fix the problem, I had to re-enter each apostrophe in the whole comment. The apostrophes in the edit window looked different as if they were a different font, and re-entering the apostrophe changed it back to normal.
User ImageMike Lindyn
6:49 pm Monday
April 28, 2008
Hi Olmonatron,

First of all let me thank you for bringing this to my attention. It´s really a big help.

I have had reports of this from others too but I can not recreate the problem as the two text examples look exactly the same on all my test machines (I don´t see the extra letter for some reason). I just made a change that may fix this now all apostrophes should be handled the same way... I hope. Since I can not see the problem I´m not really sure if it is fixed.

I´m interested in seeing how the apostrophes look in this post. But please let me know if you see htis again and I will try something else.

Mike

PS I just saw your profile I´ll be reading it later today. Later
User ImageOlmonatron
1:24 am Tuesday
April 29, 2008
Seems to work fine now.
User ImageMike Lindyn
2:19 pm Tuesday
April 29, 2008
Right on!