Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

illegible tabs

Defualt User Imagenovice
10:05 pm Tuesday
April 29, 2008
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
Hello all
My first ever question to this forum. Hope you can resolve it for me. when i try to view a tab i get the following: ����@�����@������@�������  � � �~ � �  � � � � � ��x � �  ��> �  � � ��8
Is it a browser Plug-In problem or what? I tried viewing the tab in both IE and Firefox, but with the same result. Thanks for any pointers Smile
User ImageMike Lindyn
4:57 am Wednesday
April 30, 2008
Hi novice,

Sorry your first post is about something like this but thanks for telling me about it. (I am assuming you are talking about the member lesson tabs like in jeremy´s lesson) I haven´t had anyone else have this error yet so its a new one to me Shocked Cursing. It might be your flash player is not up to date?

The tabs in the member lesson section are all done in Flash action script 3 so you might want to check to make sure you are running flash player 9. Any earlier versions will not work and might give you these weired looking symbols but I´m not exactly sure.

If you right click on the tab with the problem does the pull area say flash player 9 at the bottom? If it says Flash player 8 or 7 that is the problem and you will need to update that. Most of the time the flash players update themselves but I have seen times when they do not.

Please let me know if this fixes your issue. I am very interested in figuring out this problem so please write back to let me know.

Thanks so much,
Mike
Defualt User Imagenovice
2:10 am Thursday
May 1, 2008
Thanks lyndyn
I don´t think Flash Player 9 is compatible with my OS (Win98 SE) Huh I should upgrade I guess, if that is indeed the problem. I was thinking maybe it was a Flash plug-in issue and not the player. Anyways, thanks again for your input Smile