Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

Guitar Duels

User ImageBlack_Shuriken
6:15 pm Wednesday
April 30, 2008
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
Hey guys, quick question, when you have a guitar duel, and say you wanted to do an improv battle, does each person find their own BT, and go with it, or do you share one?Just wondering, I´d like to do some duels.
User ImageMike Lindyn
6:54 pm Wednesday
April 30, 2008
Hi Black_Shuriken,

The way I envisioned this is section is the person who creates the duel challenge gets to set the rules of the challenge. Keep in mind that this whole section is brand new so the rules are not set in stone yet.

If you were setting up a challenge and you wanted both people to use the same backing track you could put a link to that BT into the challenge text along with the instructions that this was the track to use. The person who accepts the challenge would then download the track from your link and record their version, upload it and the duel would be on.

I´m not really sure if this is a best way to handle this. As time goes by I might do things differently. I don´t want people upload BT tracks directly into the duel area as I could get into copyright right issues. But besides that I´m open for just about any any ideas as to how to make the duels area better.
User ImageBlack_Shuriken
3:18 am Thursday
May 1, 2008
Alright, thats cool. Thanks for the reply.