Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

OOPS!

User ImageSarcasm Society
6:35 pm Thursday
November 26, 2009
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
Yeah oops is right

I bought a wah wah pedal and apparently so did my mother for my birthday.

Blink

yeah...

i plan to take the one i bought back to the store and get a refund and get a Boss DS-1 distortion pedal.
User ImageTerry
4:32 am Friday
November 27, 2009
Get a Satcherator!!!!
User Imagejeremy
7:46 am Monday
November 30, 2009
Dude, the DS-1 was my first distortion pedal. I still have it. I don´t use it anymore. It was a good pedal though.
9:47 pm Monday
November 30, 2009
Well i went with the boss because it was much cheaper than the Satchurator and i am very satisfied with my choice.

The Boss is awesome. Thumbs Up
9:49 pm Monday
November 30, 2009
OH i forgot one thing...

the next pedal, as far as distortion goes, i plan to get is either the boss metal core pedal or metal zone.

Either thoughts on these pedals or other suggestions would be awesome.
User ImageTerry
10:46 pm Tuesday
December 1, 2009
The DS-1 is a good pedal. Im not particularly a fan of the Metal Zone though. They tend to be pretty noisey and get a little to grainy sounding for me. Does you amp have a good Distortion channel? Cuz thats usually the way to go for a rhythm channel.
User Imagejeremy
1:31 am Monday
December 7, 2009
Yeah, the only thing I use a distortion pedal for anymore is for gain on leads. I use a Tube Screamer for that. The Turbo one. But some dudes like to use a distortion pedal for gain all the time. The Tube Screamer is the bomb.
User ImageTerry
6:15 am Monday
December 7, 2009
I agree. The 5150 has all the gain I could ever need. So I just use a boost when I play leads. There is no distortion that compares to a good tube amp.
User Imagejeremy
1:18 am Saturday
December 12, 2009
Pizzle, are you a Tube Screamer dude? Or do you use the Satcherator? Or do you not use a D pedal at all?
User ImageTerry
5:46 pm Sunday
December 13, 2009
well, very rarely do I play anything where I am not distorted. I have a two channel amp so I just set the post like 2 notches higher and saturate the gain a little. But if I was going to use a boost, it would be a tube screamer. There tried and true.
User Imagejeremy
1:15 am Saturday
December 19, 2009
Nice.