Home | Tools & Resources | Lessons | Guitar Duels | Messageboard | Member Profiles | Search | Log In

Taken the plunge

User ImageT.A.Z
3:32 pm Saturday
September 25, 2010
Reply || Reply With Quote || Report
So I´ve just posted my first For Sale advert for my Universe 7 string. Want to make way for a new guitar that´s a little more economical in a way. It´s been such a hard decision to make

One of these...http://randtmusic.co.uk/products-page/electric-guitars/fender-j5-telecaster-black/...that´s the website for my local store. Played it the other day and absolutely fell in love!!

Really wanting a guitar that I can just swap tunings around willy nilly and no be too fussed ha ha

Anyone else had a hard time deciding what to do gear wise??
User ImageMike Lindyn
1:54 am Monday
September 27, 2010
Nice guitar... The headstock is a little weird, I think I like the normal tele headstock better but its still a really cool guitar.

I want a tele too. Its like the 3rd guitar on my "to get" list but I would go for one of the blond models. Something like the one Prince uses. I love that guitar.

But to answer your question, I rarely have a hard time picking out the gear I want when its time to buy. Usually I have been wanting a particular piece of gear for months before I even step into the store.
User ImageT.A.Z
6:58 pm Tuesday
September 28, 2010
I know what ya mean about the headstock mate. It´s a bit of a love it or hate it sort of thing.

I really love the tone of it though. Playing it in the store it sounded awesome. Great natural tone aswell.

On the plus side I´ve got a guy interested in London, so with any luck sometime in the next week I might have a sale Very happy
User Imagejeremy
8:01 am Saturday
October 2, 2010
A lot of my guitars were impulse buys. Like, I had no intention of even buying a guitar and I just walked into a shop, saw it hanging there and bought it. That was when I was younger and didn´t think too much about savings & investments. Recently in life, I think that I´ve been more articulate about gear purchases. Now I get stuff that I need instead of stuff that I want. And I plan it out and shop around for good deals. Not that I didn´t get good deals on most of my guitars in the past since I always buy used.

I did make an impulse buy recently though. That Kerry King signature guitar that you can see my playing in that Metalstorm Face the Slayer video. I was old-school with that one. I walked into the shop and I was just like, I´m taking that home.
User ImageT.A.Z
11:29 am Saturday
October 2, 2010
Haha I´m the same Jeremy.

Although recently I´ve taken to selling things that I don´t need to fund the things that I need more lol

Speaking of...I´ve got a buyer for my 7-string Universe. So within the next week I should be the proud owner of a New Fender J5 Telecaster Very happy